Saturday, October 29, 2016

True Tales from the Tombs

                                                      

When I mention cemeteries, what is your first thought? Did you know that cemeteries are for the living as much as they are for the dead? I’ve been posting about my favorite cemetery, Laurel Hill, over the years and there is a reason that I love this place. This cemetery is a good place for me to communicate with the souls on the other side of the veil. I love learning about their history and the history of Philadelphia. But, there is so much more to like at the cemetery because of their kick-ass events.

My friend and fellow ghost investigator, Rita, and I began volunteering at the cemetery because of the many events offered during the year. One of our favorite is the one offered during Halloween. Last night Rita and I manned the refreshment table along with three other volunteers. The event was True Tales from the Tombs presented by the “Not Ready for Afterlife Players & Friends of Laurel Hill Cemetery.
                                                           


After visitors stopped at our refreshment table for their hot cider, cookies and candy, they were led by guides to visit several grave sites where the actors portraying the spirits of notable people like: Benjamin Hodgson, Maurice Fagan, Martha Drinnan, Margaret and Elisha Kent, Anne W. Penfield, Singleton Mercer, Margaret Fox, Nathan Dunn, and Mahlon H. Heberton talked about their life and unexpected deaths. Isn’t any death unexpected when the Grim Reaper points at us?

Under the skilled supervision of Nick McAllister, Beth Savastana, Emma Stern, Carol Yaster, Suhee You, Casey Cappello, Bill Doran, David Gurmai, and Shawn Jacobsen, the event ran smoothly and all the guests, both living and dead enjoyed a fabulous show in the crisp fall night.
                                                               


Check out the event page for Laurel Hill Cemetery to see the upcoming events and say hello to the spirits for me.

2 comments:

  1. You do the most exciting things, Marie. And yes. Most of them scare the pants off me! All the best to you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria. The truth is the living scare me more than the dead

      Delete