- About me
- Interviews I have done
- Steampunk, Ghost Hunting, and Zombies
- Reviews on T.V. Shows
- Movie and Book Reviews
- "The Walking Dead" Season 5
- Life With Fred & Lucy/ Surviving My Gene Pool
- Articles for Go Jane News
- Author's Page
- Marie Gilbert's Ghost Investigation Services
- Roof Oasis An Apocalyptic Tale
- Calendar of Upcoming Book Signings and Events
Thursday, June 25, 2015
I was surprised to learn that the high school was celebrating their big 50. A speech was given by one of the members of the graduating class of 1966. I think that was so cool to compare what the school was like when it opened its doors.
But a friend of mine took this picture from his home in East Greenwich/Mantua area. I'm thinking we had several small tornadoes across South Jersey, but I didn't see any other photos like the one from Mantua...still...the damage was similar.
Did I mention how big that school is?
Monday, June 22, 2015
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Sunday, May 31, 2015
Rami Malek plays the part of Elliot, a cyber-security engineer by day and a vigilante hacker by night. Elliot is recruited by and underground group out to destroy the corporation that he and his friend, Angela, work for. Elliot’s job is to protect the E Corporation from hackers, but he’s decided to join forces with a man called Mr. Robot (Christian Slater) to expose and destroy the forces that are ruining the world.
There is just one itsy bitsy problem, Elliot has problems. He suffers from social anxiety disorder and chronic depression and he is prone to delusions...but does he? The series also stars Portia Doubleday as Angela, Carly Chaikin as Darlene, and Martin Wallstrom as Tyrell Wellick.
Even for a tech challenged granny like me, I was able to follow all the computer speak as Elliot and the other cyber security engineers try to stop hackers from infiltrating multinational corporations.
Cyber-crimes are a real problem for the private and public sectors and, as witnessed with Sony’s run-in with North Korea over the movie The Interview; no one is safe from hackers. Mr. Robot looks like the kind of show I enjoy watching. Check it out
Saturday, May 30, 2015
It is rumored that Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming , called
senior citizens the 'Greediest Generation' as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow wit...h 310 million teats. He's not the only politician that's pushing for this.
"Hey, Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in 'an interest bearing account' for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of losers in return for votes , thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy and Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN ..
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from day one, and now "you" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetents" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
7. To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" to your incompetence . Well, Captain Bullshit , I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, & how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from us taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit , and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes, your job and retirement security at our expense, you leech.
That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it. And you can take that to the bank you miserable son of a bitch .
NO, I did not stutter.
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years. It's my money-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks.
EVERYONE!!! If you like the way things are in America don'r share this.
If you agree with what a Montana citizen Patty Myers says, please SHARE.
A message from Marie Gilbert aka Steampunk Granny.
Patty Myers said what needed to be said to any politician who wants to destroy the Social Security Program. Now, I'll add one more suggestion: share Patty Myers' reply on your blog, Facebook and Twitter sites, then ask yourself, who is Senator Simpson speaking for; us or the Koch Brothers and people like them?
I've been paying into the Social Security System since I was seventeen and working full time. When I turned 62, I had to retire earlier than I planned because of my inability to fight off infections. I loved working at that natural history museum and most likely would have continued working until the day I dropped dead from old age.
I paid into the system like millions of other tax payers, but politicians having been borrowing from Social Security to pay for wars and, God only knows, who else has been robbing the kitty. I pay taxes, but large corporations don't. They hide their money overseas. So before another political hack opens his mouth, I would like to remind them that we greedy seniors citizens pay your salary. Don't forget that and don't forget it!
If the Republican and Tea Party end Social Security as it is now, the middle class will be annihilated. Is this what we worked so hard for? The Koch Brothers have put 80 million dollars into getting one of their puppets into the White House. Vote Democratic and keep the tyrants out of government.
If you want to know who the Koch Brothers are, you can check out these sites or do your own research.