Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Steampunk Granny’s Review of Spy


                                                       

I’m not a big fan of Melissa McCarthy. I’ve never watched Gilmore Girls or Mike & Molly, but I did see her in The Heat with Sandra Bullock and in Identity Thief with Jason Bateman. I wasn’t that impressed. Tonight, my opinion of Melissa McCarthy changed, and for the better.

                                                           


My daughter and I went to see her new film, Spy, starring Jude Law, Jessica Chaffin, Rose Byrne and Jason Statham. The film, directed by Paul Feig, played out just like a real James Bond film with plenty of intrigue, assassinations and explosions to make everyone happy.

                                                           
Maybe, it was the director, or maybe, Melissa had found her niche in films, but whatever it was; I truly enjoyed her performance in this film. She wasn’t so over the top with her cursing or rudeness that can sometimes be overwhelming. She was just perfect with her one-line zingers and, the interaction between her and Jason Statham was one of the highlights of the film.

                                                            
      
My daughter and I laughed so hard, we want to go back and see Spy a second time. This movie is definitely perfect for a girls’ night out. I’m sending out the call to all my female friends and relatives to join me for a night at the movies spent with the talented Melissa McCarthy. It’s a blast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment