Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Next Big Blog Thing


                                                          

The Next Big Blog Thing is a project designed to help writers get the word out about their latest works. Author Kevin R.Tipple tagged Author Glenn Walker this past Wednesay. Glenn, who is my mentor and responsible for introducing me to Biff Bam Pop! tagged me for this Wednesday. After my Q & A session, I will be tagging James Knipp to post about their work on his blog for next Wednesday.

What is the title of your current book?

Tall Tales and Short Stories from South Jersey is an anthology from the South Jersey Writer's Group and the stories range from slices of life to the world beyond. Besides editing the book with Amy Hollinger, I also have two stories included., Where Are You Zeppie? and The Night of the Attack.

Where did the idea for the stories come from?

Where Are you Zeppie? is a true story about an online virtual vampire and webkin pet that my grandchildren got me stuck taking care of. The Night of the Attack is about a sister and brother and zombies.

What genre does the book fall under?

It's a collection of several types of genre.

What character would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie?

For Zeppie, I would get Julia Louis-Dreyfus to play me. Jimmy, Josh and Nathan, my grandsons, could play themselves.
For Night of the Attack, I would have Chloe Grace Moretz play the older sister and for the little brother, I'm not sure.

What is a one sentence synopsis for your stories?

Family will either make or break you, but you love them anyway.

Is your book self published or represented by an agency?

It was self published and a team effort for our writer's group with Amy guiding, editing and leading us down the right path.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

Not long for Zeppie, and in fact, it was originally one of my blog posts. Night of the Attack took me two weeks to write and it's a shoot off from the epic paranormal/science fiction novel that I working on.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Night of the Attack would probably fit in with World War Z, the zombie apocalypse tale by Max Brooks

Who or what inspired you to write these stories?

For my zombie story, I would have to say that the movie Night of the Living Dead was my inspiration.

I love horror, supernatural and science fiction and write a weekly episode called Lilith's Escape which is a futuristic zombie tale.

                                                                 
Tall Tales and Short Stories from South Jersey has something for everyone, so check it out

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1478106190/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1478106190&linkCode=as2&tag=thgeougi-20

 and check out next week's blog from James Knipp:
http://knippknopp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment