Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Steampunk Granny and Super D at the Book Asylum

                                                                          
                      Steampunk Granny and Super D at the Book Asylum

This past Saturday, Super D (Dawn Byrnes) and I were doing what we do best; selling books. We were at a quaint and lovely little gem in Blackwood New Jersey called Book Asylum.

                                                                             


Rosemary and her son Jason welcomed us with open arms and trays of goodies as we began to set up our books.
                                                                       
                                                                                 
Dawn and I were selling the South Jersey Writers’ Group's first anthology, Tall Tales and Short Stories from South Jersey. I was also selling Roof Oasis, my first book in an apocalyptic series.

                                                                                   


Roof Oasis is an apocalyptic tale with a twist and tells the story of twins Michael and Lucy and their fight against a malicious leader who wants total control of the world and will do anything to achieve this goal. Both books can be purchased from Amazon.com and Amazon/kindle.

                                                                              

My granddaughter Kathryn is visiting from Wyoming. She wants to be a writer and since she and my grandson Nathan are spending the next ten days with me, I thought that Kathryn would enjoy learning about the other side of writing; marketing your book.

                                                                                             


We'll be selling our books in August at The Crescent Moon in Mullica Hill on Friday August 15th from 1 to 3
Stop by and say hello and hopefully buy a book or two

                                                                                  

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, Marie! I really love your poster. And I really love the fact that you're going out there and making a name for yourself. You're an awesome example!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jack. I sometimes feel like I working the corner like a prostitute, but that is what you have to do to sell books. The up side is that I meet the most wonderful people and I learn so much from them. Everyone has a story inside them and I love encouraging people to live their dreams even if it's not about writing. I'm glad you like the banner. I had it made at Staples.

      Delete