Monday, May 21, 2012

This Weekend, ghosts, new friends and a near tragedy


                                                                  
This past weekend my ghost hunter friends, Jean (Team leader), Rita and I headed to Gettysburg early Friday morning.
                                               
    We were all set to explore and investigate. My daughter, her husband and two of the grandsons headed to Altoona, Pa to stay at a friend’s farm house and to ride their all- terrain vehicles.
                                                          
Friday, after getting settled, we headed out to a few places on our own before going to the late evening ghost walk. We seem to pick up more interactions from spirits when not in a large group. There were several places where I felt nauseous, but when I walked away from the spot, I felt immediately better. I was definitely picking up something although I didn’t see or hear anything.
                                                                                      
Saturday we headed out to the Eisenhower National Historic Site. What a beautiful home.
                                                                     
They were having a formal tea party on the lawn and people were dressed in the period clothing of the 1950’s
                                                      
We had learned that there was some big event going on at Camp David, which wasn’t that far from the Eisenhower home, but the driver informed us that we would probably be shot on the spot if we tried to visit.
                                                              
I offered to drive the bus to Camp David, but my friends persuaded me to return the bus to the driver.
                                                                         
We had lunch at the Gettysburg Park and here I am taking a picture with a wonderful couple Ron and Linda Zanoni. He portrays Col. William “Buck” McCandless and his wife portrays Annie, the wife of McCandless.

                                                               
We had time to visit some of the sites of the National Park including Devil’s Den.
                                                                                                                            

We also met and became friends with Lloyd Smith and Resa Mallamo who are also Historic Portrayers.
                                                                      
Wonderful people and fellow ghost hunters who were kind enough to take my friends and me on a private ghost hunt at Sachs Bridge.
                                                            
 I had the same nauseous symptoms there, but I didn’t get to see the Confederate ghost from last year.

While ghost hunting I received the phone call from my grandson Joshua. He was riding in one of the ambulances, which was taking my critically injured daughter and son-in-law to the emergency room. They were riding their all-terrain vehicle when it flipped over several times. The boys were following behind them when this happened. Joshua and Nathan kept their cool and flagged down help. The wonderful group of people, who just happened to be at the right place and at the right time, helped with first aid until heavy rescue arrived.
                                                                   
Jim and ReRe sustained serious injury and our sharing a hospital room and getting needed surgery. I’m on Granny duty and will be caring for the boys until their parents are safely home again.
                                                              
What I plan to do with the all-terrain vehicles

                                                               
          Will keep you all posted!!!

7 comments:

  1. I hope everyone heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and son-in-law. Praying for their speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Praying for the speedy recovery of your daughter and son-in-law. They at least look like their in good spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mieke. They're home now, but will need lots of physical therepy and he might need some further surgery. At least they're alive.

      Delete
  4. We have you all in our prayers. Thanks for the pics, looking forward to more haunting, I mean hunting....


    Resa and Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Resa. We'll keep in touch until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete