Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Interview with the fabulous Joe Wojie of Grim Philly Twilight Tours


                                                                       
A few weeks back, my ghost hunting buddies and three family members had the opportunity to go on the Vampire, Sex and Ghost twilight tour, which is the brain child of Joe Wojie.
                                                      
I wrote a blog about the experience and posted some pictures with the promise of my interviewing Joe. The tour was educational and fun, lots of fun and I was curious as to how Joe Wojie became involved with creating and doing the tours.
                                                           
Joe was kind enough to answer all my questions, so without further delay, let us begin.

Tell us a little about your background.

I have a Graduates Degree with the University of Pennsylvania and for the last seven years, I’ve been teaching world history at Rider University.

What inspired you to develop the Twilight Tours and the Blood and Beer Tours?

I’ve always wanted to develop a tour that was both historical and fun with the right amount of interesting ghost stories.
                                              

Where did you get most of your information?

Lots of research went into developing the tours. I’ve conducted a comprehensive amount of research using primary source documents from the Library Company of Philadelphia, Historical Society of Pennsylvania, American Philosophical Society, the University of Pennsylvania archives: and was accepted to a National Endowment for the Humanities program with a small group of other college professors from across the country where we had the chance to study numerous archives from the aforementioned as well as having professional development through lecture attendance by a number of local Philadelphia historians from area colleges.

How long have you been running these tours?

This will be the second summer we’re doing the tours.

Do you work with the Independence Visitor Center?

I have a contract with them as ticketing partners.

                                                                                                                       
Joe, I was on the tour and loved it. I’ll be recommending it to all my facebook and twitter fans. Thank you so much for this interview
                                                                          
                                                                   
You will find Joe’s site at Grimphilly.com where you can check the schedule for upcoming events and order your tickets. You can also pick up tickets at the Philadelphia Visitor Center at 6th and Market. Check out Grim Philly Twilight Tours on Facebook.

 Make sure you check out the Blood and Beer tour. On Friday and Saturday, they start at 1 p.m. and last for two hours. On Sunday they start at 3. This tour ends at the Triumph Brewing Company.

                                                                    
My friends and I will be going on this one soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment