Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Helix


 
                                                    



Thanks to a friend’s suggestion (thank you Stacey Wright) I started watching missed episodes of a new SyFy show, Helix. This is one hell of a great show. I’ve only watched the first four episodes so far, but I hope to catch up before Friday.

Plot
Helix is a Science fiction thriller that premiered on the SyFy channel in January. Where the hell was I that I missed this? Oh now I remember, I was doing the reviews on Dracula. Anyway, a team of scientists from the CDC are called in to investigate a breach at a research facility in the Artic. When Dr. Alan Farragut (Billy Campbell) and his team arrive at Arctic Biosystems, they are pulled into a life and death struggle to control an outbreak. There is just one itty bitty problem; the man in charge of the facility, Dr. Hiroshi Hatake (Hiroyuki Sanada) is holding the cards and he has all the aces.
                                                                          

Dr. Farragut must try to save his brother Dr. Peter Farragut (Neil Napier) who has been exposed to the infection.  The infection and the symptoms remind me of something right out of the XFiles.  It’s hard to tell who the bad guys are and the shocks keep you on the edge of your seat. There are 13 episodes and each episode represents a single day within the story.
                                                                         

Conclusion

Friday nights are now looking better than ever especially with these two well written and intelligent shows, Grimm and Helix. If I’m going to be snowbound in my house for the next few weeks, I might as well enjoy a night of good television. What are you watching?

                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment