Sunday, November 20, 2016

On the Go!

                                                           
                                                            

Question: When is a retirement not retirement?

Answer: When you’re having the time of your life doing what you love.

My husband is always telling me that he sees me less now that I am retired than he did when I worked at the Academy of Natural Sciences. He is absolutely right so I can’t argue with him, but I am finally getting to do what I love to do. This past week, I had three big events to participate in. The first event was the 2016 Women’s Expo that was hosted by the Queen of Events, Tobi Schwartz Cassell.  This is one of many events that Tobi plans for the year.
                                                        

The Expo was held at the Cherry Hill Health & Racquet Club and the list of vendors was long. There was something for everyone there. Tobi also had a Keynote Speaker, Sheila Weller. Sheila is the author of “Girls like Us,” “The News Sorority” and “Raging Heart.”  The event benefitted Cantor Scott’s Animal Rescue in Cherry Hill. I was there selling my Roof Oasis Sci-fi series and my wonderful editor, Patti O’Brien was my helper.
                                                                

Tobi is hosting another event on December 1, 2016 from 6 PM-9:30PM at Aenigma Jewelry on 6 Powell Lane, The Shoppes at the Lumberyard where Haddon Ave. meets Powell Lane. She will have Elsie Kerns and little ole me doing intuitive and psychic readings. Check out Tobi’s event page here and make plans to shop and get a reading. Check Tobi’s Franks and Beans site for all her events.
                                                          

My second event was at the First Baptist Church of Pitman located at 30 N. Broadway Pitman, NJ. I was there for the Holiday Bazaar. This was such a great event and the church is so beautiful. Pastor Randy Van Osten was there greeting all the vendors as we entered the meeting hall. I met a lot of nice people and very talented vendors: Laura McDevitt of LuLaRoe, Joy of Crafty Roots, Reflexology with Nancy Schroeck and Maryi Sunshine.  I was very happy to have sold so many books.
                                                       

On Sunday, I was at Tracy Farquhar’s Spirit Light Center at 916 White Horse Pike, Oaklyn NJ with two fellow psychic/mediums Diane Lopresti and Jean Ramalho it was a great day to do psychic readings using our angel cards. Check Tracy’s site for upcoming events
                                                                

My husband is right that I’m always on the go, but I’m having a ball and looking forward to getting into more adventures. You can check my other blog Gilbert Speaks for my reviews on television, film and books. If you happen to see me out and about, make sure to say hi.
                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Darling, you are amazing! ...And very lucky you have an understanding husband. I love the quote at the end of your wonderful post. I'm all for it! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria. I am having the time of my life and it's because of good friends like you. I could not do this without support and love of family and friends. Love you

      Delete