Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Many Sides of Me


                                                                


I was spending time with our writers’ group today. The South Jersey Writers’ Group is one of the best groups in New Jersey. Every third Sunday, a group of us meet at Audubon’s Treehouse Coffee Shop to work on our blogs, or for new members, learn how to blog. This week’s topic was how to keep your blog and Twitter sites focused on what you love to do. I do try to stick to posting only happy stuff, but lately, I tend to be very political.

While my fellow writers try not to combine their blogs with the toxic political scene that we’ve all been dragged into, I step right into the mayhem. I should just stick to talking about my books and my metaphysical stories, but I can’t. I could start another twitter page just for my political rants, but then I wouldn’t be me…not the whole me anyway.

There are many sides of Marie Gilbert. I am daughter, sibling, wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, aunt, cousin, and co-worker. I am an author, professional blogger, psychic/medium, and ghost investigator. I’m know as both Steampunk Granny and South Jersey’s Italian Psychic. There is way too much of me to put in a nicely labeled box.

My Gilbert Curiosities blog tells my followers about family, adventures, Steampunk events, zombies, and of course my metaphysical side, which includes weekly Angel Card readings, and results of a ghost investigation. My Gilbert Speaks blog is a pop culture site where I review film, books, and television shows.

 My blogs are normally uplifting and funny. They were at least until this past election.  I can’t keep silent when I witness the dehumanizing of people by our own government. I won’t keep silent knowing that an enemy country has committed and act of war against us: interfering in our elections and, hacking into our nuclear power plants.
I won't be silenced as our babies are killed while going to school. I won't be silenced when the NRA,  who doesn't pay taxes, has enough clout to control our politicians. I won't be silenced after Congress voted for a big fat tax break while at the same time stopping funding for meals on wheels for the elderly, and school lunches for poor children.

Conclusion

I won’t be silent. I must speak out against tyranny and a president who refuses to levy strict sanctions against Russia. I won’t be silent while the president upsets decent citizens with venomous hatred against the very agencies that protect us from his buddy, Putin. I won’t be silent as this president spews hatred against the free press, women, immigrants, and the poor.

Will my speaking out against a despot interfere with the number of Twitter followers? Most likely it will, but I could not look at myself in the mirror if I kept silent. So, too all my Twitter followers, I will apologize now. I am sorry if I’ve upset you in any way. It’s not meant for you. I am a voice calling out from the desert. I will speak out for all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Loretta, I will keep posting until the men in black are knocking on my door, LOL

      Delete