Monday, September 30, 2013

Fighting the Bug & Cruising the Carolinas


                                                                            
                                      Jean               Marie                 Rita

My two fellow ghost hunters and I have been dying to head down to North and South Carolina to enjoy the history, the ambiance and the ghosts. We got all three!
                                                                                  
After driving for nine hours (we got lost a few times; they left me in charge of the map) we finally reached Wilmington, North Carolina.
                                                                                 
 We visited the battleship USS North Carolina and learned about its part in World War two, and encountered a two ghosts; young sailors who had died during one of the ship's battles. Later, we   hit the local restaurants. The people of the south are so very friendly.
                                                                                   


 I had been on antibiotics for three days already to fight my infected sinuses and ear infection, and I really thought that I was getting well; I was wrong!
                                                                               

Next day, we headed towards Charleston, South Carolina and after getting misplaced a few times (yeah, I had the map, again) we reached our destination.
                                                                                   

Sunday, we set out to see the sights with me ignoring the fact that I was feeling worse instead of better. We visited the Boone plantation and slave houses. The mansion was closed because of a festival, but we intend to hit the mansion on another day, soon.
                                                                                       

 But visiting the slave house had a sobering effect on me. Being an advocate against human trafficking, I was extremely touched by the suffering endured by the slaves. When will we ever evolve mentally and spiritually enough to realize that no one is free unless all people are free? There is no equality unless all are equal. With all the hate out there, I’m beginning to have my doubts that we’ll make it to the end of the year.
                                                                             

Oops, sorry, it’s my fever speaking out. After visiting the planation, we headed to the dungeon and provost where the pirates were held before their trial. Like I said, love the history of a region and want to learn as much as I can. But the dungeon was a bit moldy, not enough to bother healthy people, but someone like me; very bad!
                                                                                     

I felt horrible; fever, sneezing, you name it; I felt it. We had a ghost hunt scheduled in one of the oldest cemeteries and didn’t have time to go back to the hotel, so I grabbed some rest on a park bench.

At the cemetery, sick as I was, I felt the spirits there; took a few pictures and used our equipment. I have an extremely good shot of a spirit globe and will post this when I get home. Someone touched my friends and me on our arms and neck, plus, there were other signs. I’ll post about this when I’m feeling better.
                                                                               

friends went to a battlefield today, but I stayed home to rest, and hopefully, give the antibiotics a chance to work. So I watched T.V. There are really strange shows on television during the day.

I will touch base with all my zombie snacks as I travel. Oh, I forgot to tell you that I’ve been fired as navigator. I don’t know why?
                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment