Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Day in the Life of Steampunk Granny

                                                           
Last night I was with a dear friend and her friends from Drexel. Loretta is more like a sister to me and we’d become friends when we both worked at the Academy of Natural Sciences.
                                                                 

We were heading over to the Helium Comedy Club in Philly to see comedian Joe Matarese.
                                                                 
      

Joe is an amazingly funny guy and his take on growing up Italian and Philadelphia was not only right on, but hilarious. Check Joe out on his web page www.joematarese.com
                                                                  
                                                              
Today, I was at The Book Asylum in Blackwood, New Jersey for a book signing. Rosemary and Jeff have made this quaint little gem a place to come and lose yourself in their large collection of old and new books. But this is not just a book store. Rosemary can whip up the best coffee in town and I’ve been told that she makes one hell of a Chai tea.

The Book Asylum has music on Friday nights and it hosts a writing group on Thursday nights led by author Laura Kaighn aka Lady Hawke. Check out her site: http://home.comcast.net/~ladyhawkestorytelling/site/

I intend to do an interview of Rosemary and Jeff to find out why so many people love to spend hours at their place. One couple even has a reserved table. Say hi to Kevin and Rebecca.
                                                       
Rebecca was the first one to buy my book and you all know my tradition. I have to get a picture.
                                                             
 
Laurae also stopped in to shop and I took her picture too.
                                                           
 
I sold a few books, had some great coffee and chatted with delightful patrons of the shop.

I would say it was the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment