Sunday, April 12, 2015

Steampunk Granny Introduces the Marvelous Miss Isabella

                                               Isabella and Lauren Hart                             

A few months after I retired from the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, I was fortunate enough to be offered the position as a nanny for the nicest people in the world. Over the years the parents became more like family to me and their children like my very own niece and nephew.

This blog is about the amazing little girl that I've had the honor to teach and watched over since she was three months old. She in now is school and is very advanced for her age. Isabella is already reading at second grade level even though she's only in kindergarten and five years old.

Isabella and her dad are big fans of the Flyers and, Isabella is a big fan of Lauren Hart, the National Hockey League's Unsung Hero. Isabella not only memorized every line of The Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America and Oh Canada, but she belts out the song like a pro.

Today, I stood with Isabella's parents, neighbors, and our township's baseball team players to watch Isabella perform at the opening of the township's baseball season. She amazed everyone at the opening with her voice. I have a feeling that it won't be long before Miss Isabella is belting out the National Anthem at all  the home games for the Flyers and maybe even the Phillies. She wants to be just like her hero, Lauren Hart

Love you, Isabella and for the followers of my blog; enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment