Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter and Flying Snakes

                                                                             
                                                                     


Since last Friday, I haven’t been feeling that great, and thought that I was coming down with a little cold or maybe it was my allergies. HA! Instead of a simple head cold, I was hit with some zombie virus and not in a good way.
                                                                   
Bronchitis and ear infection, the double whammy that even with the early start of antibiotics, held me tightly in its claws. Funny thing was that the day I went to see my doctor, he was just as sick. He’s never sick.  Later that week, I went to our writers’ group meeting thinking that I was feeling a bit better, but by the end of the night, I felt like crap with a capital C. When I realized on Friday morning, that my condition had taken a turn for the worse, I called my doctor. Seems the antibiotics weren't working for him either. He prescribed me a stronger antibiotic with a list of warnings that made standing in the middle of a nuclear meltdown sound much safer than what I was taking.
 
                                                                          
Unfortunately for me, I was unable to attend a test screening of The Soulless. I did a two part interview with Director, Chris Eilenstein on this film; here and here, and I was really looking forward to going. Maybe it was best that I stayed home, I might have spread the zombie virus. The good news is I'm going to the premier of the movie.

                                                                         


Easter Sunday, the boys usually come over for my annual Christ is Risen Scavenger Hunt, where they have to read clues to find their gift, I’m not doing it this year; too sick. Okay, there is one bright side to all this sick stuff, you get to see a lot of television when you're stuck in bed.

                                                                                   
                                                           

I’m not sure, but I may have hallucinated some of the stuff I saw on television because one of shows had flying snakes the size of the Queen Mary. I turned to another channel only to find another bad movie featuring flying, truck sized, Piranhas. It must have been my  high fever that caused these visions. 

                                                                          


I’ve been mixing a concoction of herbs and spices to help with the sore throat and headache, with little success, but I may have discovered a cure for fingernails that chip easily.
                                                                      

So, I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes. I do appreciate them and I want to wish all my family and friends a Happy Easter and A Happy Passover! Save some jelly beans for me and watch out for that big snake.

2 comments: