Sunday, July 13, 2014

Part Three of Steampunk Granny's Interview with Actress Genoveva Rossi



                                       Genoveva Rossi in The Enchantress                     

Hello readers and welcome back to my blog and the final part of my interview with the lovely and talented actress, Genoveva Rossi. If you’ve missed part one or parts two of the interview, you can check them out here and here.

Marie Gilbert: “Before we end, I wanted to know if you had the chance to star in any movie that’s out now, which one would you choose.”

Genoveva Rossi: “The only thing that comes to mind is I would like to be in a Dario Argento film. I’m a big fan of Argento,   the Italian director. I would like to be in something more ambitious, with a larger budget. 

I wanted to tell you what movies I’m working on now, one is The Enchantress where I play a sorcerous with Hylo Dekan studios. It’s not on my IMDb yet, but it’s on my Facebook profile. I have a folder filled with some great productions pictures. It’s a pretty exciting movie that’s being filmed in the Buffalo area and another film that I’m working on is Hunters and it stars Linnea Quigley, a scream queen that's been acting since the 1980’s and she’s pretty huge in the horror genre. I’m a big fan of hers been in Night of the Demons, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers and other horror movies. The film has already been mentioned in Fangoria MagazineAdam Ahlbrandt is the director, he is amazing to work with, and he has a quite a cult following.
                                                                              
I play Edna and it’s probably going to be my most disturbing role to date and probably my most risqué film. This is a very shocking movie and the director is anticipating possible death threats after the release.”

Marie Gilbert: “Really?”

Genoveva Rossi: “Yes, he wanted to push the envelope and create some controversy and go into some uncharted territory in the horror genre.”

Marie Gilbert: “This sounds like an interesting film.”
                                                                     
Genoveva Rossi: “I’m really excited to try things I haven’t done before and it’s a unique film and I’m very excited to be part of it. I’m in it with Jason Vail, who is a great actor and he came up from Atlanta Georgia to play in this film. He has been on the Guiding Light series and some other things. I’m excited to work with him and I’ve seen some of his previous work as an actor including his short, The Cabin. Then there is another girl named Mel Heflin who came up from Florida to work in the film. It was my first time working of Adam Ahlbrandt and I’m hoping to work again with him in the not so distant future. He’s kind of a mad genius when it comes to directing films. This film has the potential to explode when it’s released.”

                                                                      
   

Hunters with Mel Heflin, Jason Vail & Genoveva Rossi
 

Marie Gilbert: “I’ll be keeping my eyes open for that one. I have one last question. Did you ever have a part that you felt uncomfortable with?”
                                                                      
Genoveva Rossi: “There was one Bill Zebub movie called Jesus, Daughter of God, which is a religious comedy and because I consider myself a Christian and Catholic and the film sort of makes fun of religion, but I talked to the director before I did the film to see how far he would push the anti-Christian element, but since I‘ve played a Satanist in a lot of movies and stuff like murderers, cannibals, zombies and vampires; I figured acting is just acting. It’s not an extension of who you really are, but every now and then people will contact me and tell me, you’re such a slut and this and that.”

Marie Gilbert: “Oh my God…”
                                                                 
Genoveva Rossi: “Yeah, and I say you know if I’m playing a doctor, or Satanist, or murderer, zombie, or witch in a movie, but that’s not who I really am after I leave the set.”

Marie Gilbert: “That is so bizarre that they would think it is.”

Genoveva Rossi: “Maybe some people have a hard time separating fantasy from reality. If you play your character that well, people, sometimes people believe that’s the real you. One actor told me to take it as a compliment because you did such a good job playing that role that those people didn’t think you were acting.”
                                                                                   
Marie Gilbert: “Thank you, Genoveva. Is there anything that you would like to say before the interview is over?”

Genoveva Rossi: “Your readers can find me online. I’m Genoveva Rossi, the ScreamQueen of about fifty films. You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook, in fact, I’mwriting a column for Malevolent Magazine, called “A Day in the Life of a Scream Queen”. In every issue I will talk about my experiences with acting, my films, going to conventions and meeting horror fans. People are always interested in what goes on behind the scenes.”

 
Horror fans can also meet me in person at:

Connecticut Horrorfest on August 23rd

Long Island's Blood and Babes Comic Con Sept 12-14th

Marie Gilbert: “I’ll keep my eye open for that and let my readers know when and where they can find this.”

Genoveva Rossi: “Malevolent Magazine is a fun magazine and I was featured as a scream queen in its second issues and the editor wanted to keep me on board and I suggested this. I was happy to write the column because people are always asking me about all the wacky things that can happen behind the scenes. So look for my column "A Day in the Life of a Scream Queen".

Marie Gilbert: “I would love to know about stuff like this. It’s the perfect thing to write about because it’s so interesting.”

                                                                                                             
 Genoveva Rossi: “I’ll tell you about one thing that happened on the set of A Dark Place Inside, one of the three films I’m screening. I forgot to tell you about that one. In that film one of the stars plays the mother of the little boy who will become a serial killer. It got a great review in the 2014 issue of HorrorHound Magazine. It was a difficult subject matter and the movie is really about the action instead of the dialogue because it is about a serial killer's daily life.

                                                                   

                                                                         
A Dark Place Inside with Rob Dimension, Genoveva Rossi & Kieran Boyle


We did a screening of the film to see how it would work and I did an actor’s commentary as the film played, and after, people said they actually liked it better that way with me explaining what was going on in each scene and also with me telling them about the whole process of filming. I was working with a child actor who was only eight years old on and in what was a very difficult subject matter and people said it was very interesting to hear about how we filmed.”

Marie Gilbert: “That is so interesting and maybe you would be able to do that with other movies. You could give all the background information especially if they’re showing a film at one of the conventions like at the Paranormal Unity Expo that we both attended.”

Genoveva Rossi: “I was there because I’m a professional psychic and tarot card reader.”

Marie Gilbert: “I didn’t know that.”

Genoveva Rossi: “Yes, I travel all over. I do Tarot Card readings almost every week privately and travel all over the country. Perform readings in person, via skype, email, on chat, etc. Find my tarot page on Facebook: Tarot by Genoveva

                                                               
                             

Marie Gilbert: “I was wondering why you were at the Paranormal Unity Expo. I knew you were an actress, but I saw you sitting in Dave Juliana’s class, I assumed you were just interested in the subject matter and not that you were able to read cards. So, do you also go ghost hunting?”

Genoveva Rossi: “Besides the Tarot card readings, I’m also a Spiritualist and I give spiritual advice to people. I was doing psychic reading at Bizarre AC as well as promoting my horror film work. One woman contacted me and said that what I had read on Saturday; came through for her that Monday at work. She came into work and they give her a whole new position. I told her that on a Saturday and this happened to her on a Monday.”

Marie Gilbert: “She contacted you when this happened?”
Genoveva Rossi: “Yes, she contacted me on my Facebook page to tell me that everything I said would happen did happen. She told her coworkers at work and they were all a little bugged out.”

Marie Gilbert: “That is so nice. What about the ghost hunting. Do you ever go on an investigation?”

Genoveva Rossi: “I’ve never done that, but I would be opened to that. Recently I’ve had experiences with a friend at several Chiller Theatre and at Bizarre A.C. My friend has several photographs from horror conventions in particular where you can see orbs hanging near his head or shoulder… He lost a person in his life years ago and this spirit accompanies him to Chiller and Bizarre A.C. His love still accompanies him to all the conventions much like she did when they were still together.”

Marie Gilbert: “You would do great at ghost hunting. You are sensitive to paranormal events and would pick up things right away.”

Genoveva Rossi: “Well, I do some medium work as well because sometimes when I’m reading people, I’ll pick up spirits and converse with them as well. So I’ve never been on an investigation, but if the opportunity arises, I would like to go to one.”
                                                                          

Marie Gilbert: “I’ll let you know the next investigation that I go to. I did recently go to an investigation at Salem Mansion in Norristown with the Keystone Spirit Seekers and that building was very active. I wrote an article for Biff Bam Pop on the experience because I’m one of their senior writers. If we go back to Salem Mansion, I will let you know.”

Genoveva Rossi: “Please do that because I would love to come with you. When I travel all over the country sometimes I’ll go on ghost walks in New Orleans and Savannah where they tell you ghost stories, but a ghost hunt would be great.”

Marie Gilbert: “Yes, because we spent most of the night at Salem Mansion and there were two groups there. We were invited to join the Keystone Spirit Seekers who had all the needed equipment like cameras, video set ups, and I think you would enjoy participating.”

Genoveva Rossi: “One thing I wanted to tell you was that I actually had a paranormal experience in one of my films, The Bible Belt Slasher, part 2. There was this one scene where a woman is playing dead in a bathtub. The microphone that they were using picks up everything and there were some serious strange sounds that popped up on the recording. The director decided to use those sounds in the background. If you ever watch The Bible Belt Slasher and you come up to the scene with the woman in the tub, then what you’re hearing is probably paranormal activity. It sounds so other worldly and the director swears that he did not add anything in, but he decided to use it because it was so cool. Maybe the violence in the scene attracted a spirit in the house.”

                                                                          
                                                                               

Marie Gilbert: “Most old homes usually have a guest and the director is probably right because you were doing a horror film and the scene gave energy to the spirit.”

Genoveva Rossi: “It was a very violent scene and it could have attracted this entity. So don’t forget to call me when you go on your next investigation.”

Marie Gilbert: “I will. I’m planning on going to this one mansion that I know is very active and both my young granddaughter and I both had experiences while there for a rehearsal dinner, so I will definitely call you if we’re given permission to investigate. I want to thank you Genoveva for being so gracious and accommodating for this interview. It was a true pleasure getting to know more about you.”

Thank you so very much, Genoveva for being a guest on my blog. It was a true pleasure spending time with you, and if my readers are interested in learning more about Genoveva Rossi, you can find her on Twitter and Facebook. Don't forget these upcoming dates to meet Ms. Rossi.

Connecticut Horrorfest on August 23rd

Long Island's Blood and Babes Comic Con Sept 12-14th

No comments:

Post a Comment