Wednesday, September 3, 2014

FRED


                                                                 
                                                           

I've been digging through boxes and boxes of old photos trying to find pictures to use on my Life with Fred & Lucy Episodes and eventually in the book I'll be publishing about growing up in South Philly.

I found this picture. The funny thing is I actually remember my mother taking that picture. I was about two years old and baby Jane (yes my younger sister who I tried to sell to the Fudgie Wudgie ice cream man down at the shore) was finally asleep. Jane was a colicky baby and did nothing but cry all day, and even though I threw many a temper tantrum, my mom refused to send her back.

                                                                   

My father was working at the PTC and drove one of the trolleys. When he would come home at night, he would take me for ice cream and then sit on the step of our house and tell me all about the stars and planets. He wasn't stressed out back then. That frown on my face  in the picture with me and Fred was because mom wanted me to go to sleep. It's funny what you remember from your childhood. I didn't want to go to bed because of the old woman (ghost) that would come in and scream at me...but that is a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment