Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Napa and the Sisters 6/27/12

                                                                          
Today we went to Yountville to shop. There are a lot of exquisite shops in the area and we made sure we stopped at each store.
                                                          
Here we are at the entrance of the first row of shops. You must check out the fine sheepskins and leather at the Overland. Their site is www.overland.com   Lucky me, I found a beautiful scarf that I can use with the pirate outfit that I’m putting together at a store called “A little Romance”
                                                                  
We’re taking a break in front of a fountain. Men don’t realize how exhausting shopping can me for us ladies.
                                                                  
We then headed to V.Sattui Winery for a fine lunch of fruit, cheese, bread and wine. I may have had one glass too much.
                                                           
 My sisters and my niece Solannge.
                                                          
We then headed to the Castello di Amorosa. Thirty acres of vineyards surround the 13th century Tuscan castle.
                                                                  
I was able to find the throne room and take my place on one of the thrones along with my sisters.
                                                                                                                        
We picked up Mom and made dinner. Sometimes, she remembers who we are.
                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment