Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spots with a dash of Cirque Du Soleil


                                                                           


I have allergies! I'm highly allergic to mold, to certain trees, fur, pollen, and idiots.


Although, there is no medication that I know of to protect me from idiots, my Allegra D, does


the job of handling the other stuff; most of the time.


On Tuesday morning I was feeling fine, but as the day progressed; I felt achy and itchy. I thought it


was my normal reaction to pollen, but I was wrong. By the time I went to bed, I was covered with


spots; big, bold, bright red, SPOTS! 

                                                                          
I was afraid that I had shingles again. I was very upset, but I could do nothing until I saw the doctor

 the next day. My first bout with shingles, damaged my sciatic nerve; it was that freaking bad.

 When I awoke on Wednesday, I was covered in spots and my lips were swollen.


                                   My husband's reaction was "What the &*##*$"

                                                                         
Luckily for me, the doctor said it wasn't shingles, but a severe allergic reaction to something I


 ate. He gave me heavy duty medication to take, but I still have spots; yeah, spots, just like a cheetah.

                                                                        

But, you might be asking yourself; so what? I could stay in the house until the spots are gone, right?

Wrong! my husband had bought me tickets to see Totem, Cirque Du Soleil's newest show to hit the

East coast.
                                                                       

There was no way I was missing this show. I went to the circus, spots and all. Totem was amazing,

and I survived the night without too much discomfort. Unfortunately, the people sitting near me

where acting like I had leprosy.

                                                                         

 I should have lied; told them that I was part of the show. Just call me Cheetah Lady


                                                                            


4 comments:

  1. I love your writing Marie. Feel better soon. Too bad you couldn't have done this with your spots http://farm1.staticflickr.com/55/153867850_0548470019.jpg
    would have outshined Cirque!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're going better soon! Your sense of humor is contagious :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniel. I am feeling better and the spots are almost gone.

      Delete