Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricanes and Melancholia


                                                                            

Today I awoke to find the power out. We’re expecting a hurricane, but it had not arrived yet, so what happened? By the time I headed to the kitchen for my coffee, the power came back on only to go off again fifteen minutes later.

“Do you have the generator ready?” I ask hubby after the lights came back on a second time.

“Yes, we’re set to go if we lose power long term.” His plans are to make sure that the sump pump, refrigerator and freezer stay on.
                                                                         
But I still worried about us losing power, so I collected all my candles, flashlights and matches together and put them where we could easily find them, next to the row of gallon size bottles of water, jars of peanut butter and canned foods. Hey, I’m prepared for the zombie apocalypse. Speaking of which, Episode Three of “The Walking Dead” is on tonight and I’ll be writing my review of the show for Biff Bam Pop! after the show. That’s if we still have power.
                                                                           
Today, I decided to watch a movie on cable that was out in the theatre, but I had missed seeing it. It’s called Melancholia.
                                                                          
This film which premiered in 2011 was directed by Lars Von Trier.
                                                                        
It starred Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Alexander Skarsgard (Eric of True Blood) and Kiefer Sutherland.

It is a beautiful movie revolving around the wedding of Justine (Dunst) and Michael (Skarsgard), the relationship between the sisters, Justine and Claire (Gainsbourg) and the large planet moving closer into Earth’s path.
                                                                       
Take my word; you’ll want to see this for yourself. It’s on cable and what better time to watch this show than with a serious hurricane heading your way.
                                                                             
So, play it safe and stay inside. Also, check on your elderly neighbors. See you after the storm.
Look for my review on Monday at http://www.biffbampop.com

1 comment: